My work as a counsellor for over 25 years has been supported and informed by many traditions, including:
- cognitive behavioural therapy: learning how to influence how you feel by changing how you think and act, especially in developing fair and self-supportive ways of thinking and lessening catastrophic and negative points of view
- acceptance and commitment therapy: becoming more mindful and accepting of your thoughts and emotional reactions, choosing actions based on your core values, taking actions in incremental steps
- person-centered therapy: more fully knowing and expressing your feelings and experiences within a warm, non-judging, confidential and empathic relationship
- compassion-focused therapy: becoming more self-aware and mindful, kind towards oneself, and interconnected with others
- awareness of systemic factors including poverty, sexism, racism, xenophobia and homophobia
- an Integral approach with includes values, perceptions, relationships, culture, actions, biology, and systems
I completed over 550 hours of specialized training with Integral Coaching Canada in 2005 through to 2008 to become certified as an Integral Master Coach™. This training program exceeds the accreditation requirements of the International Coaching Federation; with its completion and over 1000 hours of coaching experience, I also earned their designation of Professional Certified Coach.
“Compassion is not a relationship between the healer and the wounded. It’s a relationship between equals. Only when we know our own darkness well can we be present with the darkness of others. Compassion becomes real when we recognize our shared humanity.”
— Pema Chödrön
Want the details about my location, hours, clientele, fees and policies? Want to decide if counselling OR coaching is for you? Wondering about having me develop a workshop for your team?